Rise Up, Leader Cohort - Escaping the Management Conundrum
Rise Up, Leader Cohort
Escaping the Management Conundrum
ALCA has partnered with Wide Awake Business, an ALCA Corporate Partner, to provide a series of structured group training courses, called the Rise Up, Leader Cohort specifically focusing on the management conundrum.
Who is this for? If you are a Business Owner who is relatively new or a Supervisor, Director, or Manager who leads and/or directs a group of Aging Life Care Managers this is the program for YOU!
The Cohort — Group coaching, training & support
- 11 group sessions, a max of 2 hours each
- Meet every 3 weeks over 11 months
- 6-8 people per cohort
If you are managing a team, or you have a staff member managing a team, or you plan on hiring a staff member to manage the team – this program is developed with you in mind.
Cohorts meet every 3 weeks for 11 sessions to discuss team leadership, bring real HR issues to the table, hear from the experts . . . Rise Up, Management and Team Leadership. Each Cohort member will create a leadership project to be implemented within the organization or within the community.
If you missed the Informational Webinar and are looking for more details - you can view it now.
COHORT VS MASTERMIND — What’s the difference?
- Cohort is a group of people who have something in common and during a specific time, with a trainer or facilitator, work on one topic, for example Leadership.
- Mastermind is a peer-to-peer mentoring group used to help business owners solve problems with input and advice from the other group members.
WAB has been Interviewing Aging Life Care Managers to create a tailored syllabus that fits YOU.
Our number 1 job as Leaders is to Rise Up those around us!
WAB has interviewed 10 ALCM owners and 8 Supervisors so far: here is some feedback they have collected.
- Supervisors need to be on top of their game with clinical skills.
- Difficult conversations.
- Completing assessments and writing Care Plans – but most importantly – how to train new Aging Life Care Managers (ALCMs) to complete these tasks.
- ALCM supervisors need training in having Critical Conversations with ALCMs - such as discussing performance issues.
- Managing different folks with different styles of communication and motivation.
- Skill development for supervisors in how to write performance reviews with specific goals for performance expectations.
- Time Management and billing for all time spent on client issues is critical.
- Relationship building and the importance of open, positive and regular communication with referral and potential referral sources.
- Knowledge and skills in conflict resolution.
- Code of Ethics versus Core Competencies.
- Differences in supervision/management.
- Different management styles if the employee is contract, hourly, part-time, or full time.
- How to motivate different styles of ALCMs.
Session 1: Setting our alliance and orientation, review of your role in the company; key opportunities you are facing; what brought you to this Cohort; review of communication styles. What is your leadership style? What do you want it to be? Rank themselves.
Session 2 & 3: Learn how to facilitate a Game changing conversation (or difficult conversations) using listening skills, questioning skills, and leading with curiosity.
Session 4: How to Communicate to each individual team member so they feel heard, understood, and appreciated. Designed to increase productivity and consistency. Team Communication Assessment – understand the communication styles of your team and clients, afford a better relationship with clients and the team, and build on a positive culture. Facilitation Guide and tools to take your team through the exercise.
Session 5: ALCA Ethics and their connection to Core Competencies. Review ALCA ethics and begin to intertwine them with an ALCM’s core competencies.
Session 6: Create or use existing – How to use Company values to build sustainable intentional Culture - understand how Culture is positively impacted by Living Values – Bring your organizational values, ask yourself how your see the organizational values working in your company, ask your team to explain their personal top 3 values, and create a meeting where the team reviews personal values and corporate values. Values champion every meeting.
Session 7: Accountability and Responsibility – Understand the tools you must use to hold accountability and responsibility. Plan and Reviews, alignment to goals and values.
Session 8: Learn tools of the trade – Time Management, Spot Coaching, Meeting protocol, and more.
Session 9: Delegation Leadership (to get your life back) – A, B, C skill sets of your entire staff – Delegation process, use form to determine leadership moves – and manage to the delegation moves.
Session 10: Performance Improvement Process how to administer the process. The "Do's" and "Do not's'". Documentation and communication. Presenting the Growth Evaluation process.
Session 11: Learn the 5 tools of conflict resolution so everyone feels heard, valued, and appreciated even in the heat of the conversation.
Two pricing options - pay in full at time of registration and save!
Full payment with Registration – Members $4,800 / Non-Members $5,405
11 monthly installments (first at time of registration + 10 monthly w/cc on file) – Members $450 per month ($4,950) / Non-Members $505 per month ($5,555)
If you want to hear more or have questions, contact [email protected]
Login and click on the 'Register Myself' button to register online, or download the form below and follow the instructions to complete your Registration.