The Mid-Atlantic Chapter of the Aging Life Care Association is part of a national association of practitioners from both public and private sectors. We represent Delaware, Maryland, Virginia, West Virginia, Pennsylvania and the District of Columbia.
Our goal is to provide those who are aging, or who have chronic illnesses or disabilities, with guidance, appropriate resources, and care planning to promote their optimal social, psychological, and physical well-being. As Aging Life Care Professionals®, we strive to ensure the highest quality, most effective services. Our goal is to reduce the stress for family caregivers and create the most effective plan that encourages safety, independence, and autonomy.
DOWNLOAD A PDF VERSION OF THE REGISTRATION FORM
Marriott Delta Hotels - Baltimore Hunt Valley
- Address: 245 Shawan Road, Hunt Valley, MD 21031
- Contact Info: 410-785-7000 or online at www.marriott.com here.
- Mention 2017 ALCA Conference to receive a discounted rate of $129 per night through 9/15/17.
- Discount applies to rooms registered by deadline.
- Check in: 3 p.m. or later; check out: Noon.
- Air: Baltimore Washington International Thurgood Marshall Airport (BWI) – 30 miles.
- Rail: Baltimore Light Rail - .12 miles.
- Car: Easily accessible by I-83, 10 minutes north of Baltimore Beltway (I-695).
- Parking: Free
Continuing Education Information
Mid-Atlantic Chapter of the Aging Life Care Association has applied for continuing education contact hours for the following:
- Social Work (NASW)
- Nursing (CA Board of Registered Nursing)
- National Academy of Certified Care Managers (NACCM) Care Manager Certified (CMC)
- Commission for Case Manager (CCM) Certification
*Please indicate CE certificate(s) you would like on your registration form. You must include your license number for social work or nursing. Each certificate requested will be included in your registration fee. Attendee must sign the on-site attendance book daily for CE contact hours.
2017 MID-ATLANTIC ALCA CONFERENCE SCHEDULE
Sunday: October 22, 2017
|4:30 – 6:30 p.m.
|7:00 – 9:00 p.m.
||Movie/Documentary: “States of Grace” followed by Q&A with Producers and Documentary Subject
Sunday CEUs: 2 Hours
Monday: October 23, 2017
|7:00 - 8:00 a.m..
||Registration, Breakfast and Expo
||Welcome Remarks and Introductions
|8:15 - 9:45 a.m.
||Keynote: Jason Brandt, PhD – Brain Health & Dementia
|9:45 - 10:45 a.m.
||General session #1: Michele Fritsch, Pharm D – Medications & Polypharmacy with Geriatrics
|10:45 - 11:15 a.m.
|| Break and Expo
|11:15 - 12:30 a.m.
||General Session #2 Joanne Lynn, MD – Care Plans and End of Life
|12:30 – 2:00 p.m.
||Seated Lunch, Chapter Meeting, Awards, and Expo Time
|2:00 – 3:15 p.m.
||General Session #3 Laura Feldman – Mediscare & Social Insecurity
|3:15 - 3;30 p.m.
||Break and Expo
|3:30 - 5:00 p.m.
||Closing Session: Integrative / Holistic Panel Discussion – Chiropractic care for the older person, the integration of Yoga and OT, Acupuncture for CVA treatment and Yoga, & Meditation for the person with dementia
Monday CEUs: 6.5 Hours
Overall Total CEUs: 8.5 Hours
Cancellation Policy: Full refund until 9/15/17 – No refund after 9/15/17
||Early Bird: On or before 9/1/17
|| After 9/1/17
|ALCA Member/Corp Partner
|Non ALCA Member
*Student registration by mail only. Please download the pdf registration form.