Are you ready to make plans to open your own Aging Life Care™ Business?
Learn from experienced practitioners and specialists on topics you need to know.
Building an Aging Life Care Business
Led by experts | 7 sessions | Via teleconference & join.me
Session #1, Monday, October 2, 2017
Sessions #2 - 7, Tuesdays, October 10, 17, 24, 31, Nov 7 and 14
1 hour + 15 min Q & A
All sessions begin at 4 pm ET, 3 pm CT, 2 pm MT, 1 pm PT
$369 for the series of seven sessions
The Aging Life Care Association is offering a comprehensive curriculum in a small-group format.
- Each participant will be provided with copies of course outlines, PowerPoint presentations, and presenter handouts.
- All teleconference sessions are recorded. Audio recordings will be made available to all participants.
Oct 2 - Section 1 - What Defines an Aging Life Care Business?
Jullie Gray, MSW, LICSW, CMC, Aging Wisdom, Seattle, WA
- Review ALCA Code of Ethics & Standards of Practice
- Small Business Development Resources
- Writing a Business Plan
- Writing a Mission Statement
Oct 10 - Section 2 - Financial Development of your Business & Insurance
Amy Cameron O’Rourke, MPH, CMC, Cameron Group Care Management, Orlando, FL
- Business structure options, tax advice, methods of payment – selecting a small business accountant and insurance advisor
- Establishing small business checking account, business loans – selecting a bank
- Filing paperwork for business legal structure, filing fictitious name application, obtaining tax ID number - selecting an attorney
- Financial Projections
- Workers’ Compensation, Care Management Insurance, Auto, Property, Liability, Health, Professional Liability
- HIPAA Compliant Security System
Oct 17 - Section 3 – Documentation
Liz Barlowe, MA, CMC, Innovate Today, LLC, Seminole, FL
- Forms specific to Aging Life Care (Geriatric Care Management)
- Computer-based Documentation Systems Review
- Initial Assessment and On-Going Care Management Agreements
- Emergency Preparedness Protocol
- HIPAA Compliance
Oct 24 - Section 4 - Business Management and Economics
Vicki Karlovich, BS, LPN, CMC, Karlovich & Associates, Joplin, MO
- Developing a Budget
- Selecting a Billing Software
- Client Billing Structure
Oct 31 - Section 5 – Marketing
Tasha Beauchamp, MSc, Webmaster Research Scientist, Elder Pages Online
- Market Analysis
- Developing a Website
- Advertising Strategy
Nov 7 - Section 6 – Making Referrals Stick: Growing Your Aging Life Care Practice
Emily Saltz, LICSW, CMC
- How to convert referrals to clients
- Practical techniques for defining and marketing your services
- How to increase success rate in opening new cases
- Challenges and barriers to converting calls to clients
- Guiding principles and Role Plays
Nov 14 – Section 7 – Dialogue with Voices of Experience
- Bring back questions to the group and moderators
- Submit questions in advance for further discussion
- Find out where to find more resources
- Your chance to get the answers you need from experienced Aging Life Care Professionals™
No registration for individual sections allowed. All sales final. No refunds.
- Spaces are filled on a first-come, first-served basis.
- Toll-free conference call-in number provided.